LEOMINSTER CULTURAL COUNCIL
The Leominster Cultural Council is one of approximately 329 councils serving all 351 Massachusetts cities and towns. Our responsibility is to award grants that address the cultural needs and wants of the Leominster community. The Council carefully evaluates and awards grants that support the arts, sciences and humanities to improve and contribute to the diversity of our community. The grants are funded with the policies and guidelines set by the Massachusetts Cultural Council with the annual amount subject to legislative appropriations. The Leominster Cultural Council gathers input from the community and develops funding priorities based on this feedback received every three years. Priority is given to applications from local artists, organizations or groups that have secured a local venue (specific date, audience)
In addition to the state criteria, applications will be evaluated using the following criteria:
1. Application must be completed online. NO paper applications will be accepted.
2. An application from a non-Leominster resident REQUIRES a letter of support from an organization/group/individual who resides in Leominster.
3. Application encourages new and unique artistic/cultural experiences
4. Application is a collaborative project between cultural and community groups.
5. Application shows a match of cash or in-kind services equal to the funds requested.
Applications are submitted on-line at www.mass-culture.org starting September 1st of each year with the deadline October 15th (when the 15th falls on a weekend day, the deadline is set for the following Monday)
President, Bruce Lambert- 978-537-3925 LCC01453@gmail.com
Secretary, Bonnie Hathaway
Treasurer, Daisy Casiano
Interested in joining the council? Contact the president or send an email.
Follow us on Facebook- Leominster Cultural Council Government